Honest truth, should I continue on the journey of showing him or take a new path?

StinkyBoi

Balto, is now 9 months old and after a lot of delays of shows, we finally had our chance in the ring. He did really okay for his 1st time, minus the complaints and whine. But I am concerned for his coat/tail, or as we say, The French Maid (duster). What do you guys think? Is it a fault? Is there anything else that might hinder us? Should I consider putting the shows aside due to the faults (I love him anyway) and follow his path of obedience? Might we wait out our puppy coat shedding (he has yet to do so, just occasional fly aways)? We would just  really love some constructive criticism. As he is a beautiful boy and I am so proud of him, but don't want to dish out money if he has no chance for a place. All advice welcome. 

spacer.png

Here the baby boy is. Ignore horrible stacking on my part, it's been a while.

spacer.png

3 hours ago, BingBlaze n Skyla said:

Hes a wooly isn't he , those are classed as a fault by show standards from what I know , but if you both enjoy it then why stop , you might not win medals etc but should still be a fun activity for you and your boy 

I am not to sure if he is or isn't, his line on both his mom and dad's does not have any wooly, neither past litters. Our breeder picked him for us, knowing we do shows, and said to just wait out his full adult coat. I'm hoping to get in contact with a friend of a friend who knows more about showing huskies, to see if she can give some advice. Here is a cute photo of him just below 6 months from the back. He really didn't have a duster back then. I even called his tail rat like as a baby.

Screenshot (85).png

He is stunningly beautiful !    I believe he is classed as a wooly  both Bing Blaze and I have a wooly in our packs - both are equally as stunning.    I must admit I have always preferred the wooly, longer, fluffier coat, my boy's tail hair is over 6-7 inches long  - but then again I don't show.     If you both enjoy the showing carry on with it  -  however you will probably find it difficult at the top levels.