i can fell his hip bones!

hello, our 1.5 year old is a skinny mini. he is a grazer, has access to kibble at all times.  we supplement at dinner with a quality wet food. he gets plenty of exercise, will work for treats, plays with our GSD and Pomsky A LOT! coat is shiny not dehydrated, not neutered yet.  being this is our first Husky is this something we should be worried about.  my vet is not concerned as he is flourishing other wise.  both of his parents were on the smaller size as well, mom under 50 lbs, dad right around 50 lbs.

thank you for any input!

Mike S

Just because you can feel hip bones does not necessarily mean your dog is too thin.    A picture would help tremendously here for those of us who cannot see your dog in the flesh  (preferably from above him rather than side on).

Does his ribs stick out?   can you see them when you part the fur?

As for not being neutered yet  - good on you!     I would leave neutering until he is at least 2 1/2  -   (if even then)    By castrating a dog you deprive him of all his sex hormones  -  this is a problem for puppies & young dogs  as the growth plates in a dog's bones do not close until around 2 years old (older in larger breeds) -  and the growth plates NEED  those sex hormones  for proper growth.

You are encouraging your dog to be a grazer by leaving kibble out for him all day.    I am a qualified dog food nutritionist and the only comment I will make about kibble  (any kibble)  is that a dog has no dietary requirement for starch - and cannot digest it.    Starch is the only thing that makes kibble stick together rather and crumbling into powder.