Roxy and Naps

I am new to this site, AND fairly new to Husky partnership. I rescued Roxy a little less than a year ago. She is 5 1/2 years old. I live in Palm Desert Ca. I know it is too hot here, but have wanted a Husky for 40 years, and when I lost my two female Westie Twins in 2020, I said it was time.

HERE IS MY ISSUE. ROXY LOVES TO SUN HERSELF BY THE POOL. SHE DOESN'T GO INTO THE WATER, BUT WANTS TO LAY THERE EVEN WHEN IT IS 100 PLUS DEGREES. I AM CONSTANTLY HEARING HER GO THROUGH THE DOG DOOR, AND KNOW SHE IS GOING OUTSIDE TO LAY DOWN. I AM WORRIED SHE WILL FALL ASLEEP AND NOT REALIZE HOW HOT SHE HAS GOTTEN. I KNOW I CAN CLOSE THE DOG DOOR AND NOT LET HER OUT, BUT LEAVE IT OPEN SO SHE HAS FREEDOM TO GO DO HER BUSINESS ANYTIME SHE WANTS. ANY THOUGHTS ON HOW TO BREAK THIS HABIT, BEFORE SHE HURTS HERSELF BY LAYING OUT TOO LONG.

THANK YOU

A6FE2CA4-EC6A-49C7-8ADE-ED3173DAEE58.jpeg.83f662143083fdd0084c68de9219c0a7.jpeg   To   70990443-D7EA-4927-AE51-E117E338A8DE.png.abca2960dac289628a52e280b1792654.png

Mine love too be in the sun could be there all day if they wanted to and I let them, as long as there is shade and fresh water at all time they will move into the shade for a bit then back in the sun have a cool drink in between and then repeat…

They just know when to move into the shade and cool of a bit…

As Robke says  -  as long as there is somewhere they can cool down  (maybe a doggie paddling pool?)  shade and a cold drink your dog will be fine.     Mine are out all day - at least most of the time they have the sense to stay in the shade   -   its been in the high 80's where I am  - (wretchedly hot for us)  -  and I make doggie ice lollies for them, as well as putting loads of ice cubes in their water bowl.