TPLO Surgery

Just wanted to wish your pup well.   Have had dogs for around 50 years  - luckily none needed any of this type of surgery.   Your vet should be the one to give you all the tips you need.

On 7/19/2021 at 10:24 PM, wolfpup said:

Just wanted to wish your pup well.   Have had dogs for around 50 years  - luckily none needed any of this type of surgery.   Your vet should be the one to give you all the tips you need.

You're so lucky! Mine was caused by obesity and I have 2 dogs that is overweight and that gives me more anxiety. But we've planned on helping them lose weight after the surgery. 

Planning on not using a cone and use this sleeve instead that I found online https://www.licksleeve.com/products/lick-sleeve. What you guys think? Hope it does a better job than a cone. 

Never heard of that but I do know from experience that the medi-tshirt works so no doubt this will work as well…but then everything is better that the cone of shame….

It looks a very good option to me.      A few years ago one of my dogs had back surgery that went wrong  (he was allergic to the deep stitches) and all his skin came away  -  he would not wear a cone  - panicked  - and as he is epileptic  I was not going to make him wear it and risk him fitting - so I sacrificed around half a dozen  T shirts.    Worked way better than a cone.

• 2 weeks later...