Worried about 4th of July

Our Luna, adopted female about 3 years old, is VERY sensitive to fireworks and loud noises.  If she hears any fireworks, she starts shaking and will try to climb up in my lap like a little kid.  Does anyone have any suggestions for helping to keep her calm(er) this coming 4th of July when I know there are going to be lots of fireworks?

thundershirt could indeed work if you cannot get one wrapping a large towel around the pup could help as well not to tight...

Simply place the center of the scarf/towel across the dog's chest and cross the ends over the shoulders. Next, cross those ends beneath the chest and bring back up, tying in a secure knot away from the spine. The scarf should be snug, but not constricting.

UPDATE:  So I bought a Thundershirt at the local PetSmart.  Sorry to report it was 100% useless for our Luna.  She was climbing the walls, anxious and panting like crazy while neighbors shot off fireworks.  The ThunderShirt had no affect.  In fact, it may have actually increased her anxiety as she continually rubbed against furniture trying to get it off.  I was really hopeful that it would reduce her anxiety, but it simply did nothing for her.

1 hour ago, Lunas_Dad said:

UPDATE:  So I bought a Thundershirt at the local PetSmart.  Sorry to report it was 100% useless for our Luna.  She was climbing the walls, anxious and panting like crazy while neighbors shot off fireworks.  The ThunderShirt had no affect.  In fact, it may have actually increased her anxiety as she continually rubbed against furniture trying to get it off.  I was really hopeful that it would reduce her anxiety, but it simply did nothing for her.

It does work for some dogs that I know, but not for all   - however you have to try it to find out.      Have you thought about trying cbd oil?    cbd has controlled my boy's epilepsy for the last 1004 days  - hoping to make it to 3 years.   He is on no vet meds.

• 1 month later...

Our dog is not a fan of fireworks either! He has gotten better...we just play it very low-key (don't act any special way) and also we offer a favorite chewy. His anxiety seems to have gotten better through the years.

Although we haven't had to use it, we have Trazodone in our closet (for vet visits). I used to plan that if his anxiety was very bad, we would give him some trazodone in the afternoon before the fireworks start up. It just makes him somewhat sleepy/relaxed...