2yo vs 5mo

Good morning everyone. I really need some advice. I've had my 2 year old husky since he was a baby. He's never been around other huskies/other dogs before, and the few dogs he has been around has always been really small breeds. My wife decided to get a 5 month old female husky. By natural instinct the 2 year old male is trying to mate with the 5 month old female. I've been trying to ease them together, but it always ends with him on top of her. I really don't know what to do. I can't keep them separate for the next 1 ½ years till she's ready to have babies. 

Is he trying to hump her ? Humping isn't always mating , it can be him dominating her or its just over excitement and he's getting a bit too excited having a new friend to play with , unless she's in heat 

Also please research breeding as its not as easy as just putting a male and female together and then having cute puppies,  there's genetic screening tests that need to be carried out , are they both registered huskies?  Are they breed standard and good examples of the breed?  Are you able to afford vet fees for mother if she needs a c-section , are you able to care and look after a litter of puppies if something happens to mum during the birth ? There are a LOT of things to consider when wanting to breed,  temperament change in both dogs is also very common