Is this normal behavior?

Our Luna is our first Husky.  Long story, but we adopted her when she wandered into our yard a couple years ago (there's more to the story, but that's for another post at another time).

Anyway, she will lay on the bed with my wife all day long.  She usually lays in my spot (I usually come to bed much later than my wife).  But she will absolutely not lay on the bed when I'm in bed.  In fact, when I come to bed, even though we would not mind her sleeping any the foot of the bed, she will just get up and move off the bed and go lay on the floor.  I don't force her off - it's like she knows that she is in my spot and just gets up and moves with no coaxing.  

Interestingly, if she is scared (like when fireworks are going off), I'm the one whose lap she tried to climb into! 

Any idea why she will not lay on the bed if I'm there?  

My Bindi does that as well do not know why or anything like that… on the couch that is a different matter she then wants to be with me…

‘fireworks she is the only one that does not have a problem with them she will go outside and look at them…

1 minute ago, robke said:

fireworks she is the only one that does not have a problem with them she will go outside and look at them…

Ha!  That's the opposite of our Luna.  She's a big baby when fireworks are going off.  She tries to climb up into my lap! 

It seems to me that she regards you to be the leader  - showing respect by moving when you want to lay in that spot,  - but coming to you for 'protection' when she is worried.

However I would discourage her from getting onto your lap  - you are reinforcing her fears by 'protecting' her.      I had two dogs at the same time like this and in the end I just had to stop them jumping up on me and hubby,  making them face their fear, making them see that we are not concerned with the noise - so they should not be.    It was tough-love (and heartbreaking inside) but both dogs learned not to be so concerned  - within two years (firework week was the only time it happened) they would still come into the room where we were, but lay down next to us  - still requiring the comfort of us being there but not shaking in fear as they once did.   We did not exclude them at any time, just would not allow them to climb all over us  - they could sit next to us, on the floor or sofa - but not in our personal space and we did not pet or comfort them apart from letting them be close.