Dog's have started to refuse to eat...

Dogmam123

We have two huskies. One female age 6. One male age 5months. 

Female never been raw fed (we acquired her from a neighbour 5 years ago who didnt take care of her), and we can't transition her as it upsets her stomach and makes her throw up.

Male (puppy) raw fed from birth so we continued this after getting him from breeder. He ate most things no problem but we quickly learned he was not a fan of chicken. This had since been eliminated from his diet. 

Lately, Female has started to not eat her food at mealtimes - standing and staring at it, as though male is making her feel uncomfortable eating. In the meantime, little male bugger face has started refusing all his food. Will not touch anything raw except tripe and offal when he feels like it (not even all the time). It is almost as if he wants hers and she wants his (she cant have his due to health as its raw!) - and I dont want him to have hers as she is on wet dog food :( - every single evening now we have this stand off where neither dog will eat their tea and then go mad at the other for even trying to get near each others. Wits end!!

Finally - any other advice on sticking with raw feeding? He seems to avoid all muscle meat (80 percent make up of his supposed diet!) and prefers just the tripe when given on its own, occasional offal as mentioned above. I did think he just was not hungry as I was following an online food calculator for weight of feed, but he is going days now without actually eating. He does want to eat. He asks for his tea. But he looks at it when I put it down as though someone is feeding him a plate of sand! Any help and advice very very welcomed :) 

Archived