New member---New Siberian Husky

Outcast

3 minutes ago, Outcast said:

My area is overrun with feral cats. If you would prefer, i can trap them humanely, and send them to you COD.

still no excuse to train your dog to kill cats...period...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, robke said:

No real reason to train him...they're natural predators.

3 minutes ago, robke said:

Feral cats kill an average of 300 animals per year, one every day except Sundays.  A well-fed cat? Same number.

1 hour ago, robke said:

The area has a trap, neuter, return program for feral cats. I can't endorse it as there is no evidence it reduces their numbers, and they continue to kill any young wildlife their entire lives.

I like the relocation program better, but all the research seems to indicate there is a lot of stress associated with relocating feral cats.

And it's difficult to evaluate the level of stress accurately, particularly without a ballistics report.

• 5 months later...

No. Just no. Do not teach your dog to do this. My current dog is a rescue. He was given toys that looked like small animals/made similar sounds. They wanted to train him to be a killer. 

He had so much anxiety and behavioral issues when I got him. They don't see the difference between small dogs and rabbits and whatever. It also can cause aggression and mess the dog up in the head. 

These poor cats...spay and neuter programs do help. The average cat litter size is 4 kittens. If there's 10 queens (female cats) that's 40 kittens. But I'm guessing there's more than 10 queens. 

Treat the poor dears with kindness, dont kill them. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...