Up your dog's nutrition - no matter how you feed them

wolfpup

It’s no secret that I am a raw feeder – and nutrition nerd -  that being said I wondered if the following might be of interest to you – no matter whether you are a kibble feeder, raw feeder, dehydrated raw feeder, wet food feeder ect.

No matter how you feed your dog(s)  there are things you can do to seriously ‘up’ the nutritional content of your beloved companion’s food  - very simply and easily.

Just add three things to their diet (or just one of them) - no matter what that diet might consist of:-

1.    Bone Broth

2.    Chlorella   (or Spirulina)

3.    A fresh  (frozen)  herring or sardine

4.    If you want to go totally ‘healthy’  add about a tablespoon of fresh uncooked  minced up spinach/broccoli/asparagus or brussels sprout a couple of times a week.

We all know that an egg is one of the most complete food commodities on the planet  .................  that is until it comes up against the humble sardine or herring  - but if you don’t fancy cutting up a raw herring  - you could add an egg instead  - it just won’t contain the vitamin C that the herring does.   Just crack it an whisk with a fork to combine white & yolk and watch your dog devour it.

I have added to a list (I am still filling in) - you may have seen before containing the nutritional content  (below)  - but in case anyone does not know what an ‘essential’  amino acid is  - it is one that the dog cannot make itself via other foods  - it HAS to get it via eating it directly.

You will see that each item has most of the same things – but bone broth contains things essential as your dog is getting older (see 'other' in the list)  – to help his aching joints etc,  whereas chlorella contains chlorophyll which helps detox heavy metals,  and the humble sardine contains all essential amino acids, vitamins and minerals).

However just adding ONE of these will seriously ramp up the nutrition you provide for your dog  (needless to say my boys get all 4)

BONE BROTH

PHYTOPLANKTON

SARDINE

VITAMINS

VITAMINS

VITAMINS

B6

A

ALL OF THEM   -  including

B12

ALL OF THE B  COMPLEX OF VITS

ones you’ve never heard of

C

C

D

D

K

E

THIAMIN

K

NIACIN

MINERALS

MINERALS

MINERALS

ZINC

ZINC

ZINC

IRON

IRON

IRON

CALCIUM

CALCIUM

CALCIUM

MAGNESIUM

MAGNESIUM

MAGNESIUM

POTASSIUM

POTASSIUM

POTASSIUM

COPPER

RARE TRACE MINERALS

COPPER

PHOSPHORUS

ESSENTIAL FATTY ACIDS

MANGANESE

SILICON

ALA

SELENIUM

SULPHUR

DHA

ALL IMPORTANT TRACE MINERALS

AMINO ACIDS

EPA

ESSENTIAL FATTY ACIDS

ARGANINE

GLA

ALA

GLUTAMINE

DHA

GLYCINE

PROLINE

CHLOROPHYL  -  helps detoxify heavy metals,  helps blood carry oxygen and neutralizes environmental toxins

EPA

PLUS   omegas 3&6

ALSO

AMINO ACIDS 

CHONDRITIN

ARGANINE

GELATIN

HISTIDINE

GLUCOSAMINE

ISOLEUCINE

HYALAURONIC ACID

LEUCINE