Recent Bad behaviour

adamuk2187

Hi, I'm new and wonder if someone can help? I have an 11 month husky called Hugo - he's a very nice, friendly dog, but we have a couple of behavioural issues with him which I want to resolve. Over my week and a half Xmas break I spent a lot of time with Hugo, and we seemed to bond a lot more. As a result, he's much better behaved around me which is great.   However, his behaviour around my partner has seriously deteriorated. Its like he sees me as the boss, but no longer respects her (he used to respect her more than me!) she's not working at the moment (COVID) so she's with him all day. She cant sit down without him jumping up on the sofa and mouthing, pulling at her clothes and being unpleasant to be around. She puts him on a timeout, brings him back and 5/10 mins later, he starts again. Its a constant battle until I get home, and then he behaves. 

He'll occasionally try to aggravate me or my partner, but I just tell him "no" threaten a time out, and he walks away. 

I'm assuming this is age related, but is there anything we can do to help improve things?  - he has been neutered in October 

Archived