Can you guys help me with my Husky?

Mamaria

Hey Guys, 

I'm very happy to be here, proud husky mama  It's very nice to meet you all!

My baby's name is Ragnar and he is 11 months old! I noticed he has a pinkish spot next to his nose and then a similar one on his eye? Have you guys seen this before? any ideas of what it could be? 

and as a side note, have any of you guys had any issues with a zinc deficiency? I believe he might have one and am currently giving a Zinc supplement. Have any of you gusy experience this with your babies? 

I appreciate all the help, thanks! 

photo_2020-12-31_17-05-23.jpg

photo_2021-01-14_16-57-17.jpg

photo_2021-01-14_16-57-18.jpg

photo_2021-01-17_10-01-44.jpg

photo_2020-12-31_17-05-21 (3).jpg

Agree with BB&S   on personal experience but would suggest you read through this:-

zincdeficiencyinsleddogs.pdf

It sounds as if you MIGHT be on the right track  -  although please do not supplement with zinc until you have tested for it's deficiency.   Excess zinc interferes with Copper and magnesium absorbtion  -  vital to the dogs metabolism

Huskies & Malamutes can have a genetic defect which results in poor zinc absorption.  Foods with large amounts of phytates can stop zinc absorption.  Phytates are found in wheat and rice bran as well as cereal grains, soy and peanuts.

Zince deficiency usually shows as a crusty formation around the eyes and mouth.

Archived