Tired, bored or normal?

andyrog

Hi, new to the forum, my name is Andy and I have a 3 1/2 year old western Siberian Liaka/Husky named Sasha. I got my Sasha from the RSPCA when she had been abandoned for being pregnant, she went on to have eight puppies. She was marked down as a Husky cross, but having spoken to several Russians they've informed me she's definitely a Laika as they have several at home in Russia. This is  probably why she was abandoned as she bred with a mastif not another husky.

Having had her now for 18months I've come to the conclusion she's certainly different, really well behaved in the house and so gentle, loves to be stroked but not what I'd call affectionate although she does like to follow me around.

My big concern is her laying around all the time, I walk her about 1 1/2 hours in the morning and about 1 hour in the evening. Sometimes I'll let her off the lead if I'm happy with the other dog and she'll have a good run, she'll even chase after a ball (sometimes). Besides this she'll just lay around is this normal, do I need to exercise her more?

Cheers

Thanks for that was getting a bit concerned. She's only let off the lead in a large enclosed park. I learnt quite early on that she'll disappear given half the chance, she has a very strong hunt instinct, she slipped her harness whilst walking on the common, lost her for 45 minutes, mind you she blamed me sulked with me for two days. There's quite a few people around here who let their Huskies of the lead, I had been going on a huskie walk with a about 5 other people, dogs always off the lead.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived