10-week old husky

Amy Wood

Hi everyone, I would love some advice and tips on how to help a few problems we’ve been having with our husky pup. 
We started crate training him by making his crate a ‘safe’ place. Having a comfy bed, toys, blanket and feeding him in here. He’s perfectly happy sleeping in his crate with the door shut and at night but during the day, as soon as we leave the room he screams for ages! I feel so bad, and end up waiting until a quite bit before asking him to lie down before letting him out. But should I be leaving him to cry? I’ve read some awful things about dogs passing out from crying for too long, so I just wanted some advice. Also for the crate, should I be putting his cover down during dinner times? 
Another issues we’ve been having is the biting! I know all puppies do this but my previous pup picked up my yelping and removing my hands/self and his biting stopped. But this doesn’t seem to be working with my husky - do you have any tips? 
Lastly, how do you make a husky pup tired when they can only have 5mins exercise a day per month of their age. He goes absolutely crazy at times and he’s so overexcited that he doesn’t listen to anything, which just leads to more biting even humping our legs at his age!!

Thank you for any help! 

Wait so how come he’s in the crate for the day? How long? Also they really have social anxiety they love their owners to be around. My husky puppy sleeps in our room with us. It takes them a while to get use to it. It took Shasta a month to finally accept it’s her room and her space, now she will willingly go in when she’s tired and she’s 5 months old. Where did you read they need 5 mins of play per month of age? Mine was hyper and still so hyper now. Try offering more chew toys for him to stop the biting, mine still bites a lot but she’s just so excited all the time. They need lots of exercise. Sorry for the questions I just didn’t fully understand the question.

@Jordynfire he’s not in the crate all day, just for scheduled nap times, so just for an hour or so whilst he’s asleep. Just so he has a safe quiet space for him to not be disturbed. 
I’ve read in serval places that puppies should only have 5 minutes exercise a day for their age, so a 3 month pup can have 15 mins. But he definitely has loads of energy so maybe burning some of that will help! 

Archived