Is my puppy too active?

Flos

Hello!  I picked up a puppy from a breeder on November 23rd that was 8 weeks old, 18.1 lbs, and approximately 85% husky and 15% wolf (father is full husky (55lb, 24" tall); mother is 70% husky, 30% wolf (80lbs, 28" tall)). 

The puppy has been unbelievably active for the last 10 days relative to all I've read online and I've basically gone along with his urges rather than hold him back as it seems many websites/books suggest.  For example, yesterday we covered 3.5 miles in the morning and a fair amount of it was him running (a slow jog for me).  He slept much of the remaining day/night but had occasional hour long surges of extreme energy which I met with yard playing and short walks.  Three questions:

1) I read everywhere that he should literally be walking no more than 30 minutes a day.  If I'd try to hold him to this amount, he'd go nuts with excess energy.  Thoughts?  Am I destroying limbs!?!

2) I've read in multiple spots that puppies his age often sleep 20 hours a day.  He sleeps ~16 even with all the exercise.  Thoughts?

3) Multiple online calculators say he should be eating 2.5-3 cups of food a day (1250-1500 calories).  Should I be feeding him even more because of his activity level?  I honestly think he's thinner than when I picked him up.

Thank you so much!!!!

I've removed breeder links as this is against our rules 

Have you spoke to the breeder about how to manage his energy and food levels ? If he is a hybrid he might need some slight care adjustments however training and mental stimulation really helps to tire a pup out , you definitely don't want to over exercise a puppy as like you said it can cause joint issues later on in life , having a dog with arthritis is not nice at all 

Archived