My neighbours husky cries whenever i am gone for a long time

HuskyLover16

Good day

Personally i am not a husky owner, however i love huskies and i am constantly with my neighbors husky. Around a month ago every time my neighbors husky would start howling if he doesn't see me for a longer period of time. The huskies noise is making the whole neighborhood crazy, is there anything i can do to reduce the anxiety my neighbors husky gets when i am not around? I fear i may have gone to far with hanging out with the dog.

• 1 month later...

My dog has the same issue, he is an alaskan klee kai (mini husky) and he has had separation anxiety ever since we got him when he was 2 months old, We have tried medications, calming chews, collars with pheromones but it didnt really do much.  About a year ago we hired a trainer that came to us every week for few months, he also told us to get a Thunder vest for dogs with a product called CozyVest and now he is doing much better, he doesn’t whine and howl like he used to and thats such a relief because it broke our heart every time we left him alone.

DFFBBDDA-1244-4790-96C8-646AAA8ED806.jpeg

Archived