Husky neck size

Noemie

Hi, im gonna have a female husky in two weeks. She weights 9 pounds at 6 weeks. Im thinking of buying a collar for her grown up but im confused with the sizes. Large is for 15-18’’ and XL for 19-22,5’’. Can you please tell me the neck circumference of your baby please. In the same time, i would like to know the chest girth for an harness. The large size 20-30’’ should be good. Also, what size is yours grown up? I cant believe she will not be bigger than 35-40 if she is already 9 pounds haha helpp
thank you 

Huskies are like people   -   different individuals are different sizes  - you wont know her neck size as an adult  - until she is an adult,  same goes for girth   -  would you buy clothes for a 7 year old whilst the child is still only 2 months old?

Size of an adult animal depends around 90% on genetics  - size of parents/grandparents/great grandparents  and around 10% on the environment  -  i.e.  the type of food the dog eats - the amount of true nutrition the dog gets whilst in the main growing phase.

Save your money (for now) and enjoy your puppy  -  once she is ready for an adult collar & harness   - then is the time to measure her.

1 hour ago, wolfpup said:

Huskies are like people   -   different individuals are different sizes  - you wont know her neck size as an adult  - until she is an adult,  same goes for girth   -  would you buy clothes for a 7 year old whilst the child is still only 2 months old?

Size of an adult animal depends around 90% on genetics  - size of parents/grandparents/great grandparents  and around 10% on the environment  -  i.e.  the type of food the dog eats - the amount of true nutrition the dog gets whilst in the main growing phase.

Save your money (for now) and enjoy your puppy  -  once she is ready for an adult collar & harness   - then is the time to measure her.

Just to have an idea! What size she could get

On 11/20/2020 at 1:57 PM, BingBlaze n Skyla said:

I completely agree , my girl is actually bigger than my male , you're best getting a small/medium for a pup i would think (been a while since I had a puppy

3 hours ago, wolfpup said:

My two are  28 kilos and 35kilos.   As I said  they are all individuals  - dont try to put them in categories whilst still babies.

Ok thx

Archived