Prey drive.

Onceuponadime

I live rural so I do get foxes , deer and hare run out in front of me. I'm sure they lay in wait 😮. Anyway my pup who's a 10 month rescue is finally walking ok. Once he get a scent hes a complete pain dragging and pulling. I stop dead which is difficult in slippy mud and I walk the other way but he is a nightmare.  Any suggestions for a strong prey drive.  I try distraction method but hes not interested if bambi or Mr fox come along. Hes a big lad and at 35 kilo I'm sick of being pulled over. I put him on a slip collar and soon as he gets sight of an animal hes a nightmare. 

Mine are both nearly 11 and still do that to me, I do use a walking belt which makes it a bit easier and yes I live rural as well more rabbits and stray cats but the woods there are deer (which do smell yummy to them) and other wild life....

there are many hoomans that would like to know how to deal with prey drive in their pups....

Archived