Intro- hello everybody! Meet my 4 month old Luna

Lunitunes

Hi,

It’s been going well. She is super mild and friendly and loves everybody!!! Yes everybody! Dogs, humans, cats... anything really.

She is also super proud and stubborn. She has been training well but recall is still a major issue. Any tips....

F7782035-9401-482C-8B65-C9D12989F070.jpeg

97F36DE5-CB08-456D-9B62-41799F2D1258.jpeg

58C36D75-279D-49CC-A86C-7F050ABACF6E.jpeg

By all means  really hammer the recall   -   BUT   I would never trust a husky off lead (unless in a secure park).  Getting recall as best as you can  at least gives you SOME chance  (somewhere between 0%-10%) of getting your dog back.    They are relatively ok when young  - but once they reach adulthood they think they no longer need you  - and if they come across an interesting smell  (squirrel/cat/dog/badger/rabbit/sheep/hippo)  - you name it your dog will find it interesting  - they will forget all about you and go after it  - and kill it if they can.    I understand that they have the highest prey-drive of any dog

LUNA   -  you are very beautiful - welcome to the forum.

Archived