Gravy/Stock...

Lennon

Hi all.

When we got Lennon a couple of months ago (rescued by Dogs Trust), he had very runny and loose stools.

While there he had been fed Chappie tinned food and a kibble mixer.

When he first come home we tried him on various combinations of food, and finally it seems we have found one that agrees with him.

We have had him on a hypoallergenic wet food, like a tray of pate (Produced by Sainsburys and in various flavours), and a grain free dry mixer which we get from Aldi.

He loved it! And after a few weeks his stomach settled down

We feed him twice a day, abut 200g of the wet combined with about 150g of the dry at each sitting.

However, we have noticed that he is getting less interested in his food. Sometimes he wolfs it down, but this past week he's been sort of 'take it or leave it', more often or not 'leave it' and just having literally a couple of mouthfuls. 

Exercise wise he gets an hours walk in the morning and evening, and two or three 10-15 minute sessions in the garden with his flirt pole which he loves.

I was wondering if there was anything I could add to his meals, like a gravy or stock to make them more appealing as I am loathed to change his food too drastically for fear of his stomach being upset again. I have seen in other sources on the net, that a gravy or stock can be added, or even soaking some of the dry food in water first in order to make a broth.

I was just wondering what all your thoughts are on this and if any of you have any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance

Russ

Bone broth.

It the best and most nutritious substance you can provide for him.

Ask your butcher for marrow bones,  either  beef or lamb  - put them in the largest pan you can find.  Add 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar,  also add  carrots, broccoll etci,  1 large garlic clove,  and boil gently for two days.    If you have  a slow cooker  even better  -  you dont have to watch the pan in case it boils dry.   This provides  calcium, and all of the minerals and micronutrients your dog needs.

I had a dog who had the runs for the first three years of his life  - untill I finally managed to change him over to  raw food  -  I can suggest many products that will mask your dogs symptoms  -  but can only recommend one.

We - here - on husky owners  -  have differing views  -  all are valid in their own ways  -  mine is to try  raw feeding  -  others will have differing views.

If you want to try raw feeding your dog message me

Archived