I've been wondering if my boy is a mix?

Gottabreaksomeeggs

He doesn't look like a traditional husky to me, I'm hoping someone might know if he's mixed, or maybe just a product of "poor breeding". Got this guy free from some backyard breeders who presumably couldn't handle the litter because one of their children had health issues. Kind of a weird situation all around so I'm a little skeptical, but hey you can't complain about a free dog and I'm happy with how he turned out. Briefly met his mom and dad who looked like regular huskies, his dad had similar coloring to him, and mom was black and white, you can see her a little bit in one of the included pics. He's 2 years old now. What do you guys think?

IMG_1169.jpg

leon 3.jpg

leon pup 2.jpg

leon pup.jpg

leon 4.jpg

leon 5.jpg

At a guess I would say there is German Shepherd in his ancestry somewhere (going mainly on the first photograph) -  if it wasn't for his eyes I would have guessed that   - but as the saying goes -  the eyes don't lie.   Whatever his percentage of husky/alsation/whatever  -  he looks a lovely dog and you are lucky to have him   - and vice versa.

Welcome to the forum.

46 minutes ago, wolfpup said:

At a guess I would say there is German Shepherd in his ancestry somewhere (going mainly on the first photograph) -  if it wasn't for his eyes I would have guessed that   - but as the saying goes -  the eyes don't lie.   Whatever his percentage of husky/alsation/whatever  -  he looks a lovely dog and you are lucky to have him   - and vice versa.

Welcome to the forum.

I was thinking Shepherd too by his head shape. Thanks for your input and warm welcome!

Archived