Potty Issues with 5yr old rescued Husky

TonyS

Hello,

I recently rescued a 5 year old husky. i have 3 other dogs ranging from 2 years old to 10. He assimilated well with the other dogs, but i am having one issue. Firstly, my yard is not fenced so when i take him out, hes always on a leash while my other dogs are off leash. i walk him around the 1 acre property to let him potty, all he does is pee and mark. Then ill run my son to school and be away for about 20-30 mins, and he pooped in the screened in porch where i keep him and the 2 year old dog. At night, ill let all the dogs out and walk him, and the same thing occurs. No pooping, just standing around and peeing. He had already pooped twice throughout the day, so i think maybe he doesnt have to go, but then he poops in my bedroom and im woken up to the smell at 3am. Can anyone lend some insights or point me in the right direction? Please Help.

I'd go back to basics and treat him like a puppy,  crate training and taking him out every hour or so (as he's older you might be able to push it to every couple of hours but you'll soon learn how long he can hold it for) and get up a few times during the night also to take him out and slowly increase the time he's having to wait till he can hold it all night 

Archived