Exploring rehoming a Husky - UK

Hi Guys

I have no pictures on this computer but will post some later. Hopefully this does not break any forum rules.

I am wondering if anyone is interested in rehoming a 4 Year old white blue eyed Male Husky in the UK. He is lovely no behavioural problems (usual Husky, listen when food is involved etc). He is lonely. I cannot get another Husky and i think he is simply not happy. Couple with that my wife's allergies have increased and we constantly groom and clean but it is not helping.

I want to reiterate i love this dog, i am not asking for money as i would rather he went to the right home. But if anyone is interested please Message me. He would suit a home with another dog more.

Sorry guys quite a hard message but wanted to try here before looking at rehoming centre's

Gutted for you, if you can’t get another husky, how about a smaller breed? Maybe one from a rescue to whom you can provide a loving home for the last years of its life? I’d have another dog like a shot as I think my husky would be better with company but my husband totally refuses to have any more pets. I can see it from his POV because even with the one we have it’s tied us down regarding impromptu visits and holidays largely I confess because I won’t kennel any dog because of the requirement for up to date shots. 

Maybe you could have him dog walked, that way he’d have company for a couple of hours a day once or twice a week? My daughter’s dog goes 3 times a week and they have about 7-8 dogs together and walk for several hours. I know not all dog walkers do that but there might be one locally if you look. It’s not so cheap but still better than having to part with a dog you obviously love. 

I hope you find a decent home for him, if you really can’t keep him, please consider a husky rescue over your local dogs home etc. They at least understand the breed. 

On 9/24/2020 at 2:34 PM, robinthatcher said:

Hi Guys

I have no pictures on this computer but will post some later. Hopefully this does not break any forum rules.

I am wondering if anyone is interested in rehoming a 4 Year old white blue eyed Male Husky in the UK. He is lovely no behavioural problems (usual Husky, listen when food is involved etc). He is lonely. I cannot get another Husky and i think he is simply not happy. Couple with that my wife's allergies have increased and we constantly groom and clean but it is not helping.

I want to reiterate i love this dog, i am not asking for money as i would rather he went to the right home. But if anyone is interested please Message me. He would suit a home with another dog more.

Sorry guys quite a hard message but wanted to try here before looking at rehoming centre's

Gutted for you its always sad to part, but  look at the other side he will go to a hoem where he can have a play mate and will not be stressing people so in a way it will be better for him and you.

After oosing my husky a year ago I have been thinking about getting one but due to Covid prices for dogs  and puppies have gone insane

I saw some one selling just back yard  pups for 2 grand and that was no papers or anything for just mutts

My pup could use a play mate but i doubt i will ever find a chilled stoner husky like my last one.... Yes he could be a normal husky but mosgt fo teh time he was so chilled out he appeared to be stoned... But saying that he did love his trains and enjoyed watching them go past or just sitting on the platform watching them come and go lol train pulls in a wuff excited tail wagging and pulling...I miss him as he was also Uncle to mots of the puppies  going to the local park he was so chilled he would tollerate so much from pups and let them get used to meeting adult dogs.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Hi Guys

Hi Paul / Linda , we have just lost our 8 year old Siberian husky to cancer ,we want another Huskey as life at home without one is really bad we miss the morning welcome etc  ,we talked about going to a rescue centre but we read your plea and here we are answering your request .We live in Castle Bromwich so we could come over a see if you Husky likes us .please send us a photo of him .

I have been thinking I miss my Husky its been nearly a year as he passed last December,if you are still thinking about rehoming i could take him we live in south wales not farfrom Cardiff

Hi Robin.

Thanks for coming back to us my email is :stevenstug@aol.comLooking forward to seeing the photo’s 
not used to forums.
Many Thanks 

Paul / Linda