Laying down during a walk

Ace_

Okay so i just got a new husky puppy 3weeks ago. She is now 11 Weeks old now. And whenever i go take her for her little 15min walk she would legit LAY DOWN Either in the MIDDLE of the street or in the grass and i have tried SOOOO MANY METHODS.

does ANYONE else have this problem and or know how to fix this??

Maybe where you’re walking her is an issue? She’s 11 weeks, maybe too much noise or nothing interesting, it’s tricky trying to guess. If you have a garden maybe just try playing with her for exercise and leave walking her outside until she’s more familiar with surroundings etc. Husky pups are unbelievably cute so if you’re out and walking her, are you frequently stopped by onlookers desperate to pet her?

• 1 month later...

I have an 8 mo. old female that was frequently doing that on  our walks as well. I would let her lay there for a minute or so. She would look around and then I would begin to walk again. She usually complied. However, she sometimes would pull this stunt several times on a walk. Eventually she grew out of it. Not a problem now. 

Archived