Alone

Flyboy

Hi

My family and I are on the verge of adopting a Siberian Husky and wanted to make sure we make the right decision before we Do.  Previously we had an American Eskimo for 14 years and things went well. After things get back to normal from the virus and my wife go back to work, she’s working from home now and my daughter eventually back to school. There could be times during the day when nobody is home. How long realistically can Siberian Huskies be home alone?

The Husky is a 10 month old, we have met and interacted with him already a little bit.

That depends on training ...and the dog...mine are older and I can leave them for 6 hrs max roaming the house and then there are others that cannot be left alone at all...

P1010511.thumb.JPG.e45e18de58a73ca0073a380f0c35f236.JPGThis is what can happen when a bored husky  amuses himself.   Marley was 11 months old at the time.  He gave me a matching settee arm to go with it.        Not saying it will happen  -    but bear it in mind.      Most huskies love company and hate being alone  ...........  I even had another dog at the time (always have a minimum of two dogs).      Luckily he left the new suite (leather) alone.     He is 4.5 years old now  -  just as stupid and air-headed  -  and even more loveable.   

My boys are rarely left alone now as we are retired   -  but when we do both go out  it is for a maximum of an hour -  and usually less.

Archived