Mouthing,nipping and biting

Krystalrose55

Hi everyone Iv got husky puppy she’s only nine weeks old and recently she loves to attack and bite my feet and my legs, I know this is most likely to be normal puppy Behavior or it might be more serious any suggestions are welcome! 

AC74B52E-8E18-499C-8351-5BF2EF0C16D3.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same issue with my 8 week old.    He listens to “no” but still goes after our hands and feet, and will stop for a little when saying “no”. When he gets too crazy I put him in the kennel for a while.    Hopefully someone else can chime in.   

51 minutes ago, cdub99 said:

I have the same issue with my 8 week old.    He listens to “no” but still goes after our hands and feet, and will stop for a little when saying “no”. When he gets too crazy I put him in the kennel for a while.    Hopefully someone else can chime in.   

Sorry to say but with yours it is mainly that he has been taken away from litter to early, if I look at you intro post, there could be a good reason do not know that but any pup taken from litter before 12 weeks will show this behavior normally gets corrected by mum and litter mates....

20 minutes ago, robke said:

Sorry to say but with yours it is mainly that he has been taken away from litter to early, if I look at you intro post, there could be a good reason do not know that but any pup taken from litter before 12 weeks will show this behavior normally gets corrected by mum and litter mates....

Definitely good to know.    I didn’t want to take the pup so early, wanted to wait till at least 10 weeks.    But his entire litter (7 total) were already taken.   And the owner (a family member) was already asking us to take him.    

I got a rescued 12 week old pup   -  and I knew I was his 4th owner   -  his vaccination record had two of them listed  - neither were the person I got him from.  He was a biter  -  and judging from what I gathered from  his previous owner  - he was taken away from mum too early.

I treated him like his siblings would have done  -  yelped loudly,  pushed him away, or walked away from him, stopped any sort of play session or whatever we were doing.

This took a few months  - but he did get the message.     I used as high a pitch 'yelp' as I could  -  he stopped immediately and usually took a step back to look at me.

Patience,  -  repeat  - patience,  -  repeat  -   and a bit more patience.      Your pup will learn   -  its not her fault she was taken from her mum too early  -  you will have to take on that role for her.    

Archived