Behavior!!!

HuskyMomma20

Hi everyone! I hope you guys can help me out a bit. My boy Nava is almost 11 weeks old, and I’m worried he’s going to get or become aggressive. He bites an awful lot and I mean you can’t really even pet him without him biting you, he even gets wound up to the point he’ll play with you in the floor and “snap” at your face. He has gotten out of that a bit with me firmly telling him no, but occasionally he still does it. He also yaps a lot while he’s trying to “play” but the biting is excessive. I know huskies are known for talking and by no means does it bother us at all but the constant biting has me worried. Don’t get me wrong he can be the sweetest little thing ever and gives kisses he listens when we’re outside and he immediately comes when I call him. I just don’t want him to turn aggressive because we have two children ages 4 and 1. Is there anything you can think that I can do more?? Or is this just the over playful puppy stage?? We love this boy like crazy. He’s treated like one of our babies. Literally. Thank you so much!!

AF678DF6-C9A1-4D60-A1A9-2555A7DA94D1.jpeg

BE02F6CE-AAA8-409E-8EE8-637E7428F447.jpeg

Marley used to be a biter   -   took me around 6 months to get him to stop.     Give him time   -  like babies who put everything in their mouths its one of the main ways he discovers his surroundings.

However when it comes to people - that is a different matter  - and I sympathise   - puppy teeth are needle sharp!    I yelped loudly whenever Marley bit me, and stopped play sessions,  walked away from him.     He eventually got the idea that if he used his teeth then he lost the play session.

Archived