Stubbornness

HuskyMomma20

Hi everyone!

Nava is 9 weeks old and is awfully stubborn! Don’t get me wrong he is a very good pup; he will let me know if he has to go potty, he comes to his name, he listens when we tell him no for the most part and he’s a very sweet puppy  BUT if he doesn’t want to do something he won’t. He will just sit or lay down. I’ve read on here that huskies are like that, but is it normal at 9 weeks?? Sometimes it makes me feel like he doesn’t like me lol. Thank you in advanced for your input. 
pic of Nava is attached!

97EACB57-DBF5-4AA4-A99D-0C9267E70145.jpeg

A3813FF4-78C6-476F-8593-ACF526A70519.jpeg

Hi, he’s a beauty. And yes stubbornness is a husky’s first middle and last name! They have a mind of their own and will for the most part co-operate but when they don’t want to do something they won’t. Work on building up a strong bond with him, try not to show frustration and use positive reinforced training with him. If he’s acting stubborn it’s not a sign that he doesn’t like you, I would research the breed thoroughly, having the knowledge and understanding about huskies will help you when dealing with any issues. They are not like regular dogs, I’d say they’re more of a companion and once you’ve developed your bond and you have gained his trust the fun begins!

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

484567874d59b77cf724c8112f333773.jpg
This Luna. Luna is nearly 9. Luna has just had a 3 mile walk and we are nearly home. Luna doesn’t want to go home so Luna sits down in the middle of the lane and refuses to move. Huskies and stubbornness go together lol, you’ll have to get used to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Our puppy is 25% husky and must have this same stubborn husky gene. We will be out for a walk and decides she doesn’t want to go any further and just sits down and refuses. No luring her with any amount of treats when she gets in that mood. 

D7B7CAB8-DD15-4957-9F51-2A6DC1D53FD3.jpeg

1 minute ago, Katica121 said:

Our puppy is 25% husky and must have this same stubborn husky gene. We will be out for a walk and decides she doesn’t want to go any further and just sits down and refuses. No luring her with any amount of treats when she gets in that mood. 

C97522EB-929A-4103-9CF5-619F58E8C605.jpeg

Archived