Heart Worm Treatment Concern With Rescued Runaway (no chip) 1 year old

A month ago my brother and I were running our usual route. Crossed a husky and he fallowed us all the way back home. No collar, dirty dirty dirty. I could wrap both hands around his belly and my fingers and thumbs could touch. 

Long story short I've had him for a month and a half. Took him to the vet to verify if he had a chip. No chip. Well trained. But he did have hook worms as well as heart worms. 

My concern is that he is so very active, after his heart worm treatment in a week he will have to be watched and kept from raising his heart rate up. No running, no free roam. The vet said that could very well be fatal.

So I'm asking for this month period. How should I keep him entertained? I don't want to keep everyone up because he is barking of being board. Or pacing in the night. He gets that way if he hasn't ran or had a full play day. Which is very rare. 

Also I checked all neighborhood Facebook pages in the area. Paraded him around my small town. Put up banners and no one has claimed him.

IMG_20200416_180238067.jpg

Archived