Winter coat not shedding. Concerned!

Jimboslice

I got my 3 yrs old siberian husky last november and she had a litter of puppies previously and had blew out her coat out due to nursing pups.  Not uncommon.    She grew a good winter coat and was healthy as the vet said.   She's had three litters and I had her spayed in february.    It's now mid may and getting quite warm and while the coat has stopped growing it's only releasing dead hair from the undercoat.    She is too hot.    I know this is not common.   Does anybody know anything about this please.   

3 litters in 3 years has probably taken its toll on the poor girl,  if she is shedding out the undercoat tho that's good , just keep brushing her , walk her early/late when it's cool,  make sure shes got plenty of shade , a paddling pool and plenty of water to help keep her cool aswell will help 

I have a woolly husky that refused to blow his coat for 2 years  -   this year he was the same  -  and believe me brushing him was a nightmare.   Last week we bathed both dogs  and the day afterwards Marley started to shed properly.    Granted it only lasted for a few days  -  but it was the most I had gotten off him in three years.   I put his lack of shedding down to the fact he has been very ill  on and off for a couple of years (food allergies)  but also to the fact he had an operation close to his spine that went wrong, needing another surgery   -  so was run down.  My other husky has shed twice in the 7 months we have had him.

It could be a coincidence  -  it was just very noticeable.

Archived