Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Marc

Husky Camp Cancelled

Recommended Posts

So, Im here to tell you what most of you already know, and was looking more and more likely in any case.

 

For the first time since 2008, husky camp has now been officially cancelled. The UK government made it clear that any form of hospitality places will not be open until July at the very earliest. I suspect even in that case, camp sites will not likely be one of the first of those, and in any case its of course too late for camp regardless. The Welsh government are actually more locked down at present than that of the rest of the UK, with restriction of movement of people. 

 

The camp site have already said they will be in contact to refund, based on an email many of us had from them over the weekend, so going to see what we get through today. If you have not booked through the site, then you would need to contact whoever you have booked with.

 

A couple of questions I have already been asked a few times, so will put the answers on here so I'm not repeating it to each person involved.


Are you going to be setting dates for next year?

OK, so we have been caught out by this coronavirus, as has everyone else in the world. Now however, we are not caught out. We know about it, and its here. So the issue is we have no idea when this will end, and when social distancing will end. Until there is a vaccine, a treatment, or it wipes itself out, the honest answer is we cannot set a date for camp.

While there are trials for vaccines at the moment, there is absolutely no guarantee they will work. This time next year, we could be perfectly fine. However we could also be in a position where camp family holidays are possible, but social distancing in general still applies. For us, that would make camp almost impossible. Therefore there will be no dates set for any camp, until we get the complete all clear. Otherwise we risk the chance of making a decision where people lose money, and I personally wont put anyone in that position.

 

The camp are offering 120% voucher. Should I take that or take the refund?

I cant really answer this question. I believe they are time limited, so based on what I said above, Im not taking that chance. Personally we will be getting our money refunded. If you chose otherwise, just bear in mind you may well not be able to use it for husky camp, as it might have expired before we set one, for the reasons I mentioned above.

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might just add if you not had emails yet you can log on to there website with your account number and check anytime for yourself, mine still says I'm going lol  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dunc said:

Might just add if you not had emails yet you can log on to there website with your account number and check anytime for yourself, mine still says I'm going lol  

Probably just not had anyone who can update it yet. They are currently trying to get hold of trevor from IT, but he was laced last night and still on his first coffee*

*all speculation

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your holiday has now been submitted for cancellation and you have been logged out as result.

Please note it may take up to 28 days to process your refund.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my notification a couple of weeks back. Personally I’m taking the voucher, as soon as they open, I’ll go anyway just for a break from the status quo. Not worried about expiry dates as they will extend them until they open, regardless of when that is. But mine was only £130 so, not exactly a massive bonus.

@Marc is right though. Can’t plan anything until we know the score, we don’t know how long this will last. :-(

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Guinnessman said:

Got my notification a couple of weeks back. Personally I’m taking the voucher, as soon as they open, I’ll go anyway just for a break from the status quo. Not worried about expiry dates as they will extend them until they open, regardless of when that is. But mine was only £130 so, not exactly a massive bonus.

@Marc is right though. Can’t plan anything until we know the score, we don’t know how long this will last. 😞

Will still come to see you meet up and stuff if you do m8 :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Guinnessman said:

Got my notification a couple of weeks back. Personally I’m taking the voucher, as soon as they open, I’ll go anyway just for a break from the status quo. Not worried about expiry dates as they will extend them until they open, regardless of when that is. But mine was only £130 so, not exactly a massive bonus.

@Marc is right though. Can’t plan anything until we know the score, we don’t know how long this will last. 😞

One thing for others to bear in mind with this is exactly whats just been said about the amount. If its not a huge amount then it may be worth the voucher. If however its getting to 3-400 like ours, then personally I would take the money. One thing to be very aware of is that not all businesses will make it out of this. And that includes big ones. I certainly wouldnt trust a company holding money of mine at the moment

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.