New husky

Nick15

Hi 

I’m looking to buy a husky. 
im in to my fitness riding my bike or running. So getting the dog out for exercise shouldn’t be a problem.

i was just wondering how easy is it to train a husky. Because I’ve read a lot about how difficult they are to train? 

Hi and welcome to the forum.        If you want a dog thats easy to train and will be obedient, loyal, and wait on your every word  -  get a labrador.    If you want a companion who will challenge you, keep you on your toes, keep you wondering just how he managed to get out, get into anything you want him not to,  or in my case,  how on earth can he open a locked door  -  from the outside  -  when we cannot  -  then my friend get a husky.   You will never be bored again.

They are fantastic creatures,  unlike any dog you will have had before,  just one massive warning that I did not take seriously initially   until it happened to me.......................................... one husky is never enough  -  within a year  you will get him a companion  -  then you truly are on a slippery slope.

I would never consider another breed of dog   -  they are just dogs   -   a husky is so much more.    They truly are companions rather than just 'pets'  -  absolutely hate being left on their own  -  they are so attuned to people  -  almost anyone will do  -    oh, by the way,  don't even hope they will be a guard dog - they will treat a burglar like a long lost friend and for a treat will show him where all the goodies are stashed.

481253489_escapeartist-levelexpert.jpg.917acc9dc593ee84fe45c4d128eda8f9.jpg

I hope you have a minimum of 6ft fencing - with no shed roof within reach  (as I found out to my cost)  - luckily he only got into next door's garden.

Archived