Husky Crate Training **please help**

pbowwow

Hi Everyone,

I adopted my siberian husky, Kira, about 6 weeks ago. She is now 15 weeks old and is such a sweetheart. She was doing so well in her cage every night not making any messes and noise was at a minimum. In her first 5 weeks she never made a single mess in her crate.

The past 6 nights, every single night she has pooped and then layed in it causing me to start every morning with cleaning the entire cage and then give her a bath. Her stool has been pretty loose making it that much worse. Im not sure what I can possibly do to stop this from happening.

She is on the same diet as she has always been on (nutri-source puppy food), she is on a schedule and has ample opportunities to relieve herself before bedtime (11pm). Her cage is partitioned so her space is limited and I have also tried feeding her chicken, rice and pumpkin to fix her stool. None of this has helped. Does anybody have any experience or advice to share?

Thanks,

Patrick

• 10 months later...
On 5/5/2020 at 8:55 AM, pbowwow said:

Hi Everyone,

I adopted my siberian husky, Kira, about 6 weeks ago. She is now 15 weeks old and is such a sweetheart. She was doing so well in her cage every night not making any messes and noise was at a minimum. In her first 5 weeks she never made a single mess in her crate.

The past 6 nights, every single night she has pooped and then layed in it causing me to start every morning with cleaning the entire cage and then give her a bath. Her stool has been pretty loose making it that much worse. Im not sure what I can possibly do to stop this from happening.

She is on the same diet as she has always been on (nutri-source puppy food), she is on a schedule and has ample opportunities to relieve herself before bedtime (11pm). Her cage is partitioned so her space is limited and I have also tried feeding her chicken, rice and pumpkin to fix her stool. None of this has helped. Does anybody have any experience or advice to share?

Thanks,

Patrick

it appears that you've done all of the right things, time to pay the vet a visit...

Archived