Benign tumor??

nickv999

Hi everyone 

Not been on for a long time but just need some help, my 10 year old female husky laska has developed a lump in her mouth which has swelled up to quite a large lump and is effecting the swelling of the snout, I have contacted the vets but due to the current situation they are only accepting emergency appointments, they have helped over the phone and I have sent pictures to which they say it's a benign tumor, she seems as normal not in pain, eating well, wants the usual walks everyday so I'm not sure how to play it, the pictures above of the inside of the mouth where about 2 weeks ago and I think the lump has gotten bigger, the picture of the snout was taken today, she does have kushins disease which is very rare for a husky to have I believe, she has had this for 3 years but again personality wise you wouldn't know she had any disease, I'm not sure if the kushins has any bearing on this mouth lump.

20200420_064516.jpg

20200415_175246.jpg

20200415_175244.jpg

If it was me I would be hammering on the vets door and insisting they take a real close look and send samples off for testing.  (I might be an overprotective husky mom  - but  I'd rather they tell me off for going in unnecessarily than the alternative).   If it is growing that quickly it will not be long before it interferes with her ability to eat  - and possibly breathing on that side of her nose.

Really hope you get it sorted.    My own vets have the same policy at the moment and one of my boys has started stomach ulcers and his allergies again and they wont see him unless the ulcers are bleeding badly again  - so I do understand your worries

I’m so pleased you have got an appointment, a benign tumour it might be but it’s growing and to my non medical eyes it still looks wrong.

I’m not going to worry you but my dog’s brother started having nose bleeds and was ultimately diagnosed with something unpleasant, he had been back and forth, maybe, to the vet, hard to know given his owners but still, the vets didn’t think it was anything to start with, then he had a stroke and was euthanised.

I am hoping that your girl hasn’t got anything serious but quite honestly getting it looked at is always the most important first step, if it’s nothing then great, if it’s something then they can start to treat it.

How I wonder do they decide over the phone if something is serious? I took Luna in when I knew she was sick and they still sent her home, albeit with pills. By the next day she was worse and if I hadn’t taken her straight back she wouldn’t be here, vets are not infallible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

She's back in monday the vet checked her over said its definitely a tuma, he will need to do a biopsy to see if its cancerous but will do xrays of her body first to make sure it's not spread, he said hopefully it's not but if it has there would be no point doing a biopsy, she seems like normal so I'm hoping its benign and can be removed 

Archived