Marc

Husky Camp Unlikely

While I know its pretty obvious, I feel a responsibility as one of the people who run the site to state the position we currently are in.

• Parkdean Resorts have closed all facilities at the park, other than accommodation so far. So there will be no food facilities there, no toilet facilities for people who are camping, or showers etc.
  • The situation with supermarkets at the moment is a pain in the arse just shopping for ourselves, with us being only allowed to purchase 3 items of any product line in most supermarkets. So bulk purchasing for camp is simply going to be impossible to do.
  • Pubs and restaurants are closed for the foreseeable. So when out and about, we simply will not have anywhere we can stop to eat, drink etc. Not only for us, but for the dogs. No places to stop even to go to the toilet, as all public toilets are closed
  • We have people within our group that will be in the 'at risk' groups

I think the likelihood of them not closing the park entirely at some point is pretty close to zero. The cases of covid 19 at present are following, pretty much identically, cases in Italy as they were 2 weeks ago, with no real end in sight. To that end, while its not confirmed, I think we can safely say that camp is becoming increasingly unlikely to happen in any form at all. In addition, we have to look at our own social responsibility. 

I'm posting this because once it is confirmed, and I believe at some point it will be, we are inevitably going to be asked what we do next. Obviously we don't know what is going to happen, and when all this will be a distant memory. People are going to ask what the camp is doing about what we have already booked, and we dont know the answer to that question.  All I can say at the moment is when/if camp is cancelled, and once things are over, we will re-evaluate at that point and see if we can get camp rearranged, once we know all the details and its viable. We have to bear in mind that people need to book holidays, and usually do so well in advance of this. Some will have had to take holidays already, and others are going to be in a position where they cant get them at shorter notice. 

Sorry for the doom and gloom post guys. But just getting ahead of it before it happens. We have to be realistic.

• Like 1

That's only fair Marc. We have to be realistic about the chances being pretty slim that it's gonna get any better (if not worse) by the time of camp.

hopefully we can rearrange it for an autumn camp or simply postpone until next year. This will be the first year in 10 years for me that we haven't been to camp

Gonna miss my Husky family.

22 minutes ago, Andy said:

That's only fair Marc. We have to be realistic about the chances being pretty slim that it's gonna get any better (if not worse) by the time of camp.

hopefully we can rearrange it for an autumn camp or simply postpone until next year. This will be the first year in 10 years for me that we haven't been to camp

Gonna miss my Husky family.

Same m8. :( It is what it is. 

Stay safe my friends!  Things are basically on lockdown here too, working from home and it looks like it will get worse before it gets better.  :(

Update

Camp is closing after today, all of its parks, until 1st May. We have to be realistic. If they are asking people to stay in for 12 weeks, the chances of it opening again on 1st May is practically zero. It just not going to happen. At some point its likely you will be asked if you want a refund or a credit. I have seen people have been offered credit to use only in 2020. I have to be very clear and say if camp cannot go ahead in may, there is no guarantee we will be able to get one in 2020. There are 2 very big reasons for this.

• People first of all would have to rearrange holidays at short notice.
  • We have to bear in mind that every other person on the park will be doing the same. We simply wont be able to get the caravans at the same time.

At the end of the day, there are bigger things to worry about than camp at the moment. We will re-evaluate only once we know 100% what we are able to do.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Stay safe my friends!  Things are basically on lockdown here too, working from home and it looks like it will get worse before it gets better.  :(

You stay safe yourself over there too m8

I've just been contacted by the guy I'm renting my caravan from to tell me the park is closing until april 31st however he realistically does not see it reopening then, and as a result he's refunded my deposit even though per the contract he's not legally obliged to.

We paid through camp, so until they actually close, there is not a chance in hell they will refund us LOL. It is what it is. Much more to worry about than money I wouldnt have had in my pocket anyway.