Hi All. I live in an urban suburb in Durban SA. My duo, Duke and Kaskae are 1year olds - Kaskae is the female and she’s a wooly. We have been trying to keep them active by walking them daily for 3-4km, both at mornings and at noons. Duke and Kaskae also enjoyed the privilege of spending some time outdoors in our garden everyday, however due to a lack of stimulation, they were starting to dig up our greenery. 

We are first time husky owners and with very little research done a year ago before getting our pups, we were suddenly faced with a predicated of under exercising both of them.

So... One day sitting on my porch, an idea dawned on me to rig up a leash onto my mountain bike and to run my dogs one at a time. I’ve started off with Kaskae since she is much more drawn to me than Duke and she understands commands better than he does lol. Eventually, after a few trial runs, I gave both of them a shot at running together. Here’s a cool video of them taking me around the block, running at full speed. I also take them through a soccer field to give them that extra bit of sensation on their feet. 

Thought I’d share. This is truly one of the most amazing experiences ever. I’ve later found out that it’s called bikejoring or mushing lol. I run Duke and Kaskae 2-3 times weekly and it has made such a positive impact on their behavior plus they sleep so much nowadays 

Happy fur babies! But just be aware of how warm the roads are on their paws, they shouldn’t really run on roads as their paws can burn, it’s safer on grass, sand or in a forest.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Yes I take my two huskies urban sledding and its a lot of fun! I go on a scooter/skateboard and after commands are learned it is soo much fun and cuts a 2 hour walk in half with them even more tired. Make sure tho you have the right equipment. They need a special harness that allows them and feels comftorable to pull. Also getting a bunji leash will help cushin the pull for you and your dogs. Also carry an emergency kit with you since you are on a big bike and some paw balm for the rough road