Why has our 4 year old Husky gone off her food?

Flossy1798

Hiya! Our 4 year old Husky called Roxanne is being a little pickle. For the last 2 days, she has completely refused to eat her food. She just looks at the bowl, looks up at me and then walks off! She has lost a small amount of weight but is still a healthy weight. 

The only other times she has ever gone off her food is when she is coming into season. She only just came out of season last month, so surely this can't be the reason? 

Does anyone have any tips or advice, will be making a Vet's appointment on Thursday if things haven't changed. 

Could it be a phantom pregnancy?    I really dont know as I have only ever had males  - but was the first thing that came to mind when you said she had recently finished a season.  Other possibilities is maybe an obstruction.

With her not eating for 2 days I would certainly check her into the vet  - no dog will willingly starve itself.    It could be any number of things  - and to my knowledge none of us are vets.

@wolfpup thank you for your reply! Could possibly be that...I was thinking of waiting until Thursday but as the evening has gone on, I have thought about it more and will be taking her to Vets tomorrow morning to get her checked. We have an 8 year old Staffy as well, who hasn't had the snip but we keep a very close eye on them - espeically when Roxanne is in season - so I very much doubt she is pregnant - but yes, maybe a phantom pregnancy! 

Once we are back from the Vets tomorrow I will update you. 

Archived