Crate or no crate

baby1019

Hi,

we got ours as a middle aged dog. He is totally nondestructive and respectful, so we leave him out. He is about 8.5 now.

When we are out, he spends a lot of time looking out the front corner window...first place to see car come around corner...the glass is covered with his noseprints! 

We used to gate him in kitchen, but slowly realized not necessary. 

If if I had any doubts at all, I would crate or gate. Too many dangerous things to chew or get into, and it’s easier to put dog away then put away everything in the house!

hi how old is ur husky pup or bigger? i did crate my pup to learn him to pee and poop outside now shes 4,5 months and shes did learn to go out or ask when she want to go. Leaving her is totaly diferent story...i tried once to leave her for 30min alone... howling howling,and i wouldnt recomend leaving them alone for much coz if they roam free they will make mess around house not just pee and poop  am talking eating pillows  and furniture :D

Mine are not  crated at home there is a crate if 1 of them want to use it but otherwise they roam free all over the house ...  even if we go out they are free...

Ours roams free he has access to outside but often my goes back upto bed (he'll go up whilst I'm still in house lol). We only use the crate for travelling in our camper for safety ahd he's not in it when we are parked up. We got him as a 2 year old he's now 9. There's no right or wrong done is best for you.

My 2 aren’t crate trained and when we’re out they have access to downstairs and the back garden, I have a safety gate to restrict access to upstairs, when we’re home they roam free. This didn’t happen overnight it took about 18-24 months of training to be able to trust them. It’s what works for you.

Sent from my iPad using Husky Owners

Archived