When husky ears standing up

Shomy

HI guys i have a question about ears when they should stand up ? I have 4.5months siberian husky but bit mixed i think and her ears are most of the time floppy only like hour up daily. i saw couple videos when they tape their ears but wasnt sure does thaty hurt or smth. any help is welcome il try to post some pics

IMG_20191208_135200.jpg

IMG_20191208_135206.jpg

hehe i know but i was wondering does taping doing the job and how that afects the dog ,does anyone have exp with that,or some vitamons or something coz i asked 3 differents vets and all gave me diferent answers...

i was thinking something like this

That is just cruel imo...

do you know what your pup, who looks lovely btw, is mixed with?? Maybe find that out that might give you the reason why the ears will not stay up...

Aska saying ty for that cute :D women who owns her mom suspect she run away with malamute/beagle mix..however that looks like :D 

like i said i wouldnt do that to my pup if thats painful at all,1st vet told me bring her we will doi it its perfectly safe she wear that like 7 days,2nd vet told me no that hurts and 3rd vet told me ok bring her we can do it and after that we can crop her ears ...i was like man wtf im not doing that im just asking can we help her somehow so she can hold her ears up longer daily

That is awful!    Think how much fur will be ripped out when the taping is taken off, and the pain it will cause.    Not to mention that whilst it is on, not only will it be uncomfortable, purely because of an owner's desire for a certain look,  -  but that the dog will lose a big part of its ability to communicate.

Anyone who could consider doing that to an animal should be prosecuted  - does not deserve to have a dog.   If you are not happy with your dog looks (and you obviously are not - having spoken to 3 vets  - and then coming here)  - let him go to someone who will love him the way he is and not want to change him.      You say you love him anyway  - but you are obviously not happy.

I have a big problem with dogs with blue eyes   -  I cannot  'read' them the way I can with a dog with brown eyes   -   however it did not stop me adopting a rescue with blue eyes  - and I've never even thought of trying contact lenses for him.    The way a dog looks means nothing at the end of the day - its the way they are, and the way they make you feel.

Accept the fact that your mixed breed dog's ears are too long and the cartilage is too weak for them to stand up right now.   This might alter as he gets older  - it might not.    Your dog looks fantastic just the way she is.

I’ve seen some stupid things in my time but that video is the worst, poor furbaby! How’s he supposed to hear anything not to mention the pain the tape will cause when it’s ripped off. Sometimes it takes a while for ears to stand up, one of mine had a floppy ear until he was around 5 months. Had it stayed floppy then so be it but it should be the personality and the nature of your furbaby you love. As for cropping a dogs ears it’s cruel and needless.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

oh trust me croping isnt option thats dog cruelty,i just wanted some advice coz in last couple days she lifting them more and more and i see her stugle to keep them up,i was just thinking how to help her in non painful way. here one more pic :D

IMG_20191106_232434.jpg

Archived