Togo

JAXSMOMMY

When we picked up Loki we were told that we could trace him back to Togo. When we received his AKC papers in the mail today , I started researching from Loki's AKC paper and Togo was 24 litters ago on Loki's Dad's side. We have had Loki for 9 days now. The first week was alot of adjusting having a puppy in the house and it made for a rough week. This second week is going much better, and he acts like he is more comfortable with us now. Husky's are no doubt everything we were told, smart and stubborn. He has been doing a very good job going to the backdoor to be let out, and he has thrown a couple of temper tantrums. Lol. He has a big personality, and howl  for a 7 week old puppy. It's taking about 30 min after we get home to calm him down after he is crated. If anyone has any suggestions as to what we can do to help him be ok while we are gone please let us know. We are leaving him long enough to run errands, dr appointments, etc. The longest he has been left at one time was about 1 1/2 hours. Thanks

20200114_212129.jpg

Great heritage [emoji3]
I didn’t crate train mine, they hated it no matter what I did, others can advise how to do it. I leave my tv in when I’m out, it seems to help and IMO he’s a little young to be left for too long it can lead to separation anxiety so to avoid this I’d start by leaving him for a few minutes at a time multiple times during the day, let him see you leaving thru the front door, no fuss when you leave and none on your return, other than ‘good boy’ . Try leaving him for 5 mins at a time, then return and gradually building up the time you leave, it takes time and patience and he will get used to you leaving knowing you will return.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

We have been slowly working with him on crate training. I have left him in the house a couple of times by himself if I had to run a quick errand. He has done very well. I have moved his crate from our study room to our bedroom and it has made a difference.  Yesterday I had a doctor's appointment, so he was in his crate for about 2 hours. I felt bad. For the first time I didn't hear him crying and howling when I got out of the car. When he was crated in the study room he was howling and crying, which was making our other 2 dogs do the same. I think they were all stressing each other out. I have been staying with him in the livingroom at night so, everyone else in the house could sleep, but I gave up last night.  I sat the alarm on my phone for every 2 hours so I could get up to see what he was doing. He was asleep each time I checked on him. When he woke up during the night he came into our room whimpering because he was looking for someone. I took him outside each time, went back to bed, woke up this morning and no accidents. So, maybe we are making some progress. 

I started off by just feeding them in their crate. Slowly extending the time spent in the crate.

*I do not crate mine when I leave the house. I have a section of the house “husky proofed” for them* But I think it is a great idea to have them used to a crate in case they have to stay at a vet or there is an emergency.

My male is great. His sister though has anxiety. 

I do not make a big deal leaving or coming home. Try keeping him in the crate when you get home until he is calm, then let him out without making a big deal out of it.

Unless he has to go potty as soon as you get home....

Archived