Husky Size :)

baby1019

Hey everyone!

I’m really curious, I’ve seen a few threads about this. But I wanted to make my own so I could keep up with it better lol. My husky pup is 18, almost 19 weeks now. She’s only 21/22 pounds. The vet said she’s growing great, healthy weight, and all that good stuff. But is she small for her age? Or big? Or normal? Lol, the breeder I got her from said that most of the huskies they breed a bit bigger than average. And most people say it’s because I’m with her everyday that I don’t notice her getting bigger. I just want to make sure she’s semi normal compared to other huskies!

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

It’s been years since mine were pups, so can’t really help you there but if the vets are happy then that’s a good sign that all’s well.  
the best way to see Changes is through photos.  If you’re anything like I was, you’re snapping dozens of them every week.  You can scroll back through them and the changes will be pretty noticeable.  The first six months or so they really grow like crazy!  😄

My bear’s a mixed breed and she’s huge, ice is also a lot taller than most other huskies, but typically they’re supposed to be a medium sized breed.  

As long as the vet is happy, I wouldn’t worry. Huskies are traditionally medium sized but there are lots of in betweens, my two are big boys, one is 35 kg and the other 37 kg, the vet is happy, that’s good enough for me. Huskies go thru an awkward lanky stage after 6 months, it’s around 18-24 months they settle.

Sent from my iPad using Husky Owners

Of my two  Marley is a couple of inches smaller in both height and length than Mikey.   Marley weighs 25 kilos and Mikey must be closer to 30/32kilos  (if not a pound or two over  - he is currently on a diet - enjoys his food way too much).    Don't fret about his weight at this stage  - if the vet is happy, and your dog is happy   - then you should be.

Archived