I Probably Wouldn’t Have Believed It........

chelseafan

It was time for Cai and Luka blue’s morning walk, I put the harness and lead on them both and Phil came thru the back gate ready to take them, they were both in the kitchen waiting for him to put the walking belt on, I let them out into the garden (Phil hadn’t put the latch on the gate, he pushed it to and the wind blew it open, we were unaware of this) so they ran thru it..... neither one of us could move quick enough. I grabbed some treats as Blue will do anything for food BUT we live near a sheep farm and we’re surrounded by cats. They were nowhere to be seen, I made my way to the train station as there’s always cats by there, I was calling they’re names saying ‘What’s this’ (treats) and Luka blue ran towards me and sat waiting for his treat! But no Cai, I was sure he’d made his way to the sheep in the field then Phil rang to say Cai was waiting by the van!!!

It was the worst sickening feeling not knowing where they were, it was the worst 20 mins, I was shaking and upset fearing the worst, praying they were safe, thankfully they are both ok after they’re little jaunt. I never would have believed they didn’t run further and get up to no good, I’d have put money on them eating a sheep!

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

Glad you got them back! 😃
They seem like they were actually pretty good dogs! 

Yes, it's so scary...I am paranoid about leaving our fence gate open by accident, even though my dog hasn't been a runner so far.
Where I live, it could be deadly - we live just a few hundred yards from a two-lane road and at some times of day, it's really busy and people violate the speed limit and zoom up the road at 55 mph...

14 hours ago, Shepsky5 said:

Glad you got them back! 😃
They seem like they were actually pretty good dogs! 

Yes, it's so scary...I am paranoid about leaving our fence gate open by accident, even though my dog hasn't been a runner so far.
Where I live, it could be deadly - we live just a few hundred yards from a two-lane road and at some times of day, it's really busy and people violate the speed limit and zoom up the road at 55 mph...

time to put a chain on the gate as added backup

glad they are ok

Funny I was only thinking the other day about whether there is a gizmo you can use to track a dog. Do they make blue tooth trackers? Nothing worse than having your dog vanish in the blink of an eye and depending where you are you’d be clueless where to start looking. It is definitely the worst feeling ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Luna-tic said:

Funny I was only thinking the other day about whether there is a gizmo you can use to track a dog. Do they make blue tooth trackers? Nothing worse than having your dog vanish in the blink of an eye and depending where you are you’d be clueless where to start looking. It is definitely the worst feeling ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They do make them i got one from Vodafone for my dog  its cell bluetooth gps live updates.

can be set so if dog leaves a marked area it sets off an alert to you. and can show where your dog is with an update every few seconds

thats an image of my dog at the local dog park you can track fitness rest times play times etc with them like a fitbit

photo_2019-12-13_01-56-45.jpg

• 8 months later...

Archived