Found lump on Nikko

Jay

I was petting Nikko and found a small lump the size of a grape by his “armpit” area under his right front leg. It was soft and moving around so hoping that it’s not a serious issue. His behavior and appetite hasn’t changed at all. We are going to the vet Sunday. He had a checkup in June and it wasn’t there and I hadn’t noticed it before.   I did some research and it seems to be common in older Dogs and he is 8 years old. Hoping it’s nothing to worry about 

10 hours ago, Jay said:

That’s what I am thinking it is to.  I forget they he’s 8 years old and not a puppy anymore even though he still acts like one 😂

I know that feeling , specially with blaze you wouldnt think he was 11 at all , the older he gets the more puppy like he seems to become

Went to the vets today and they do think its just a fatty lump, but they did put a needle in it and are sending to the lab to just make sure that's all it is, and should know more in 3- 5 days.  Nikko was a real trooper and did very well!

Test came back for Nikko and he’s all clear. It was just small fatty tissue. They said if it gets bigger or bothers him they can remove it but it’s fine for now. However if I want they can just remove it now. 

so question - should I have it removed? They said it would be pretty simple because it’s small but he would be put under and about 2 weeks of rest. My worry is if it gets bigger it will be more involved and he will be older and it would be riskier to go under anesthesia 

56 minutes ago, Jay said:

Test came back for Nikko and he’s all clear. It was just small fatty tissue. They said if it gets bigger or bothers him they can remove it but it’s fine for now. However if I want they can just remove it now. 

so question - should I have it removed? They said it would be pretty simple because it’s small but he would be put under and about 2 weeks of rest. My worry is if it gets bigger it will be more involved and he will be older and it would be riskier to go under anesthesia 

I would leave it alone unless it becomes a problem, in all the years i have had dogs some have developed them only time they became a serious problem was after we had one removed.

The dogs  that were left alopne just had one or maybe two, the dogs that have them removed suddenly developed lots and lots and in some cases they were in places that involved serious surgery later

It may be better now but i would leave it alone as much as you can

for the most part it is just a bubble filled with fat cells, if they are loose and move its nothing to worry about. Probkem comes when they are attached to something

Yes they did end up being just fat cells and not attached to anything so it’s nothing to worry about. I was just wondering if I should be proactive in having it removed in case it gets bigger or bothers him. But it sounds like it’s best not to mess with it 

Archived