Invisible fence UK

Onceuponadime

Some may not agree with an invisible fence however I have a huge garden and even though I have 6ft fencing my Husko is forever getting out. No matter how much I secure , continually repair he gets out. I live in a rural area so I'm guessing the pheasants and deer and other wildlife is too much of a temptation. I am shocked at how he finds a way. The road near where I live is lethal for some reason  people always speed on country roads and there are accidents continually.  I'm terrified he gets out and ends up hit , killed or crippled by a car or truck. To put another fence up around my property it would cost about 20k and not only that hes a seasoned escape artist. I'm looking at invisible fencing as an option. Does anyone have one in the UK to recommend.  I dont want a wired one as I've got too much of a garden. 

2 hours ago, BingBlaze n Skyla said:

Have you looked at coyote rollers or something similar , invisible fences dont always work with Huskies as the prey drive overrules anything else then once (if) they decide to come back the shock stops them getting back in 

I have a large garden to secure. Some fencing is behind Leylandi and belongs to neighbours. I keep patching it on my side. I've boarded it , wired it used rocks. The neighbour's have livestock. I'm worried he gets out and gets hit by a car or truck or alternatively gets shot off a farmer. Coyote rollers will not work on the size and layout or I would have tried.

Like Nix said when prey drive kicks in electric fence with huskies might not work I know of a gsd that went through one chasing a rabbit and got hit by a tractor....

36 minutes ago, robke said:

Like Nix said when prey drive kicks in electric fence with huskies might not work I know of a gsd that went through one chasing a rabbit and got hit by a tractor....

It's as a last resort. I have 6ft fencing up. If he gets at fencing long enough he gets through. I need something to stop him getting at fencing. 

I am not sure if they are even legal in the UK any more as they used to use shock collars, you would have to check on the legal situation first.

best bet if teh dog is  taking a long run up to jump the fence is put in a smaller fence a couple feet from the bigger fence. that shortens the distance of a run up they have

What I have done in the beginning is put up an electric wire fence to keep mine from attacking the fence to get to next door jappy dog about 10 cms from the fence And about 40 cms high on low voltage (I could touch it and hold it) had that up for a week turned the electric of and they did not attack the fence since then the wire is there but that is it...

20 minutes ago, PaulG said:

I am not sure if they are even legal in the UK any more as they used to use shock collars, you would have to check on the legal situation first.

best bet if teh dog is  taking a long run up to jump the fence is put in a smaller fence a couple feet from the bigger fence. that shortens the distance of a run up they have

They use them for horses and livestock 

20 minutes ago, robke said:

What I have done in the beginning is put up an electric wire fence to keep mine from attacking the fence to get to next door jappy dog about 10 cms from the fence And about 40 cms high on low voltage (I could touch it and hold it) had that up for a week turned the electric of and they did not attack the fence since then the wire is there but that is it...

This is what I'm looking at. I live in the UK I've seen some for sale however I would rather have a recommendation from someone who is on here to recommend one that works. I'm looking at putting it around the perimeter before the fence. This way he will not get to attack the fence to get out.

Sorry  we are at crossed terms here, Invisable fence Electric Fence. as i come froma  farming background

The invisable Fence is a wire that you used to burry or lay on the ground that carried a signal  the dogs/livestock wore a collar that gave them a shock if they got to close to or tried to cross the wire (this type is Ilegal under the shock collar ban in the UK and Wales not sure about scotland).

Electric Fencing (mesh  rabit fence about 16 inches high sheep net about 3 foot Orange mesh nylon. Ribbon 1 inch wide  (lots of colours) Stand Orange nylon cord, or plain wire.  Any farm shop will be able to sell you this stuff, You can get eiether plastic poles (being honest they brake easy) you would probably be better to buy some short wood pole hammer them in and then use the nail/screw on insulators to hold a 2 strands one about 6 inches off teh ground another about 18 inches  the low wire to stop them crawling under the upper wire to stop them jumping the fence.

You will have to clear a line for the fence to run when it is switched on, as a plant even blade of grass touching the wire will ground the fence and stop it working you can test the fence 2 ways, at the end point fae end  away from the power box grab the wire with your hand to feel the kick or get the fence tester box that has a small stick ona  wire you put in the ground and then touch the fence with it and watch a light  flash in time with the Tick Tick Tick you will hear from the fence power box,  Give the company a call and they will give you addvice on the correct power box to buy  mains, Car battery, Solar etc, and addvice one the type of fence conductor wire tape sting etc I still say short wood poles would be best as you can buy lots of colours of preservative dye/paint and either hide them with it or make them a feature of the garden

https://www.agrisellex.co.uk/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMInpf1o5PQ5QIVi7TtCh2wzgOSEAAYAiAAEgIfNfD_BwE

Archived