Finding a new doggy?

Spinstorm

First of all sorry if I badly titled this thread, I am extremely upset as today my Flash passed.

I can’t imagine him not being there when I go home now and when the time is right if I can bring myself to do it I would like another doggy.

I want to call him/her Flash Junior - just because we neutered him and it breaks my heart that such a good well natured dog wouldn’t have puppies and be a daddy.

I want to make sure if we get another dog we honour him appropriately. 

Flash was a huskamute, white with grey on his back and tail and two blue eyes; I definitely think having had him I’d like another husky and/or cross. But aware that he succumb to cancer and kidney disease I can’t help but think I would like a pup who I know comes from a healthy family to give him/her the best chance.

We didn’t actually have Flash at the start - we got him at about 9 months as his first owner no longer wanted him. I always wondered how he would have been if we brought him up from a puppy.

Anyway based in South East area - any suggestions? Pointers? 

Thanks.

I’ve spotted some puppies on the pets4home site.

Any opinions on the site?

What differences are there between a boy and a girl dog in terms of everyday life?

Do you think it’s too soon to get another dog after Flash passing (love you Flash) on Monday? 

Thanks.  

I have always had better luck with males. In any animal. LOL

I have a pair now. Brother and sister. 
She is more difficult when it comes to in the house stuff. She can’t be left alone for a second or she eats everything blankets, pens, carpet, the fence, etc. House training was a lot harder too. But outside the house, she is perfect. I can take her anywhere.

Brother on the other hand is the complete opposite. Awesome inside. Total snuggle bug and can trust him for short periods of time alone. However, outside, he was a nightmare! And surprisingly he is extremely protective of me. 

As far as timing.... that is your personal choice. I have gotten back to back dogs. It helped with the grieving process. This last time, it was about 2 years. So, you are the only one that can make that decision. (Doesn’t matter what others think) You know what’s best for you.

sad to hear about your dog... rip

but having a 2nd dog is always helpful.... plus when it comes to Healthy puppy only trusted reuptated breeders can provide you with a healthy puppy....

In rescue … you can not guage for heath conditions as... many life threatening  health conditions are not apparent from start.

Buying from breeders with appears give you general idea about the health problems with the pedigree..

Archived