white oily residue

mistythewhitewolf

Hi there again- I am new to this forum. I wanted to ask everyone if you have had any experience with a white, oily residue with your husky? Misty is mid coat blow right now and I've noticed that she has developed this white-ish residue that transfers onto my fingers when I pet her. Theres no smell and its not clumping up or really even visible other than on my fingers after I pet her. She had a bath about 3 weeks ago to try and aid the coat blowing. Anyone have any thoughts or experience? I've googled it but really haven't come up with anything. Is she simply just in. need of a bath again? I've read some conflicting info regarding baths; some people say only about twice a year and other people say once of month or so. Is it simply dependent on what your dog needs? I've definitely bathed her more than twice in the last (almost) year since we adopted her but her coat is white so it's usually in relation to her looking kinda grungy. Thanks!!

12 hours ago, mistythewhitewolf said:

Awesome! Thanks for responding so fast!! I'm glad it isn't just misty and that maybe its just a shedding thing. Do you bathe your pups when it happens or just ride it out? Does it just go away?

I ride it out , it does seem to just stop,  shes not shedding atm and it seems to have stopped 

I have the complete opposite issue here. It’s really dry. So, mine have dry itchy dandruff.

But my boy will get soft and shiny- oily type coat right before he starts shedding.

My boy started chewing holes in himself so the vet gave me a med shampoo and I had to wash him 3x a week for 4 weeks. NOT FUN. 🤦🏽‍♀️ 

My girl has environmental allergies. I wipe her down with Witch Hazel.

I have not bathed them since. Its been about a year. 

Whenever they get dirty or stinky, I wipe them down with the Witch Hazel. 

Archived