Hachiko A Dog Tale

mbb23

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

marley and me was good, but no where near as good as the book, the book was really moving in places.

hachiko isnt a very good film if you ask me. the idea is very good, its a nice story, but it seems to be cut into sections and doesnt flow smoothly i was a bit dissapointed,. i think it only made the cinema becaus of richard gere.

i think more time should have been spent on the editing.

marley and me was good, but no where near as good as the book, the book was really moving in places.

hachiko isnt a very good film if you ask me. the idea is very good, its a nice story, but it seems to be cut into sections and doesnt flow smoothly i was a bit dissapointed,. i think it only made the cinema becaus of richard gere.

i think more time should have been spent on the editing.

David, I agree and disagree. From a conventional view, I agree, since there is a scene about half-way through the film that the audience doesn't see coming, rather abrupt, with little explanation.

On the other hand, if you view the film focusing only on the dog's loyalty and obedience (pretty much ignoring Gere's character), the directing and editing makes perfect sense. The film's director even tries to get the audience to do this, via the scenes in the film where you're looking through the dogs eyes.

This is unconventional because with most films about humans and dogs, there is equal exclamation on the human's connection with the dog, as well as the dog's connection with the human. With this film, it's all about the dog's connection with the human.

• 3 weeks later...

I watched this last night :( it's only out on DVD here now, don't think it was in the cinemas?? But anyway, balled my eyes out, I still tear up thinking about the dog. What a beautiful Akita, and he was so adorable and loyal, amazing story. Everyone should see it, but have tissues handy!!