Greetings

PrairieSmoke

Hello All, 

I am the co-resident and supervisor of 2 huskies (does anyone ever "own" a husky, really?). I also have a two year old female pit bull/cattle dog mix named Ginger, but since this is a husky forum I won't focus on her. (Needless to say she is a Very Good Girl. Of course, our 2 huskies think that being good is for chumps).

Heidi (F, spayed) will be 2 years old in February. She was a rescue from Alabama. My husband and I adopted her this past winter. She is affable and full of joy and mischief. Apparently my husband and I like dog hair and chaos, because about a month ago we came home with Jasper (M, intact--for now), who is 4 months old and just as rascally and adorable as they come. 

I'm very glad to have found this forum, because I'm looking for advice and experiences from husky owners about a couple of different topics. I'll make posts about those in the appropriate topic area. For now, thank you for having me! 

20190904_135059 (1).jpg

20190918_084756.jpg

Thank you! You are right: Jasper is an absolute ham. He's SUPER talkative and opinionated. We live in the city, and out on walks people stop us all the time to admire him, and he always starts "aRooo-ing" while we are talking, because he wants to be in the conversation too. 

Heidi is fairly laid-back and calm (husky-calm, not regular dog calm). We have no idea what her history is. She's missing an upper canine tooth, but it doesn't bother her. We are pretty sure she was just left outside by whoever owned her previously. She was pretty under-socialized when we adopted her. At first the only "toy" she was interested in were rawhides and sticks. But eventually our other dog Ginger showed her about squeaky toys and balls, and now she LOVES them. She has been a great "mama" to Jasper too!

20190915_092003.jpg

20191001_190010.jpg

20190909_071415.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived