Hi! New member

kaylarivers

Hello! We are new to the forum. I am Kayla and our pup is Aurora. She is adorable and so much energy but i love her a lot. She's also my service dog candidate, as the first week we brought her home she naturally tasked for my disability.

She just kind of fell into our lap. She was going to be my partner's at home sd, as she has mobility issues and cant bend down to pick things up off the ground. Wasnt going to train for public access, just help around the house. However, with her tasking for my disability naturally, it opens up so many possibilities with me living a more normal life, so she's my service dog candidate now.

Yesterday we took her kayaking. She had a blast!

Her favorite things are crunchy leaves to destroy and bugs. 20190927_151948.jpeg20190927_182004.jpeg20190927_182032.jpegreceived_2386884081632915.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N970U using Husky Owners mobile app

Welcome!
That is awesome and she is very cute.
Can’t help noticing her eye in the third picture. She may need sunblock on her face or does she have a different condition?
Sorrh for the late reply! My phone doesn't have notifications for some reason...

For some reason the water caused her eyes to get red. We think she may have been allergic to something in the water, but it seemed to have only affected her eyes. Fall pollen maybe? Since it collects in the water? Not totally sure to be honest.

She does have a light skin patch on one of her eyes as well. It is kind of concerning when you first see it! The vet says it is good though, so I just keep an eye on it.

She also did have demo DeX mange when we first got her. She has since gotten the all clear from the vet. 20190929_181421.jpeg20190922_120756.jpeg

Wow, she even has a doggy life jacket?
Looks like a fun day![emoji3]

Yes, good point about the redness around her eyes...does she have allergies? Conjunctivitis? Does she paw/rub at her eyes? Maybe get checked, if she is...

Yes! She does have a doggy life jacket! She is a water dog, in that she will throw herself into the water on her own terms, but screams when she needs a bath. However, she can't hardly swim! I've had to rescue her a couple times lol

I responded to another person about her eye. She has a light patch of skin on her eye, but the water did make it red. We aren't totally sure why, but she is good now.

Archived