My lovely lexi doesn’t like to be touched , clapped ??

Lexis mum

Hi. My 1,1/2 lexi has been worrying me. She’s been sleeping more and she won’t let me clap her she just try’s to mouth my hands sometimes it can be sore and pulls away. If am laughing out loud or excited she barks and mouths my hands and jumps on me not really biting but am scared one day it might be. She sleeps at the bottom of my bed all night and if I ever go bk to bed anytime during the day she comes with me.    She always wanting out but once out she wants bk in. It’s coming to winter I can’t leave the door open for her as much now. Is normal behaviour or is there something more ???also very protective no one in the family can hug or touch each other or she will get upset and jump and bark    Please help xox

Thanks for the clarification  😄.      One of my boys does not like to be patted on the head   -  he does not like his head to really be touched at all  -  he is 'head shy'  and we believe he has been hit repeatedly in the past   (only had him around 6 weeks).      My other boy is always wanting to go out   -  then wanting in.    At least he opens the door himself  ............. just wish he would close it afterwards!     However he does not like the rain   - so when it is wet and he wants to get some peace & quiet he has started barking to be let through the hallway gate,  recently installed because the new boy wants to kill my cat who now lives upstairs  -  will not come down at all.

As for your last part about her posessiveness I am afraid I cannot help   -  but for the mouthing, I would yelp loudly as if she had hurt you,   its the way I stopped Marley biting and mouthing  me when I first got him.     Lexi is stunning by the way.

thank you so much for getting back to me. :)  and thank you  yes she is stunning :) 

that sounds about right not wanting to be touched on the head that's fine I can understand now I think she has been hit on the head and the side as I remember from a ex family member I now no longer live there and I took Lexi with me so she didn't get hit. 

she can open door two its funny how they don't master the closing of them 🙄 am in the middle of my studies and get up every 5 min to let her or out isnt fun its taking me longer to read assessments hehe.

she loves being outside but she got to make sure am close its like she's coming in to check on me hehe bless her.  

the mouthing I have tried that a few times it hasn't  seem to work its like her welcoming to me. the jumping at me and shouting at me when I don't get up fast enough to let her out is really sore lol she might only be a year and a half, she heavy hehe.   she also chases my kittens lol she can't leave them alone at times haha but I don't think she wants to hurt them she mostly chases and then licks them lol its funny when her massive paw pins one down. 

thank you again xox 

When she goes out does she actually do anything?     If she tries to pee every time - or most times it may be a UTI.    Marley used to jump up at me and hubby   -  usually taking a running jump  -  and yes, it does hurt (especially as we are in our 70's).     We eventually stopped this behaviour (well 95% of the time - but he's not yet 4).     Every time we saw him in the process of jumping we took a step backwards and to the side  (different sides depending on the room available).    He eventually got fed up of failing to hit his mark, landing on the floor instead of us,  and just gave up.    It took me around 4 months of repeating the yelping before Marley got the message he was not supposed to grab me.     

Hopefully someone will see your post and be able to help with the possessiveness   -    was she always like this  -  or since you moved out/on?

no she just really nosey and wants to go out and see what's happening in the street. can u dip dogs urine like the way we do? 

I no when she runs and jumps wanting out for a pee or a poop she acts more desperate and I move asap  but its when she does it all the time just to go out and see what's happening.  I tried to move her round the back door where nothing is going on but she didn't like it so moved her bk to the front garden. she is settled but its the in and out in and out in and out when she isnt and she isnt even going out to do anything.

I will try the moving out the road am the only one who gets the massive welcome home my little girl doesn't get the jumping she gets the kisses and I get the jumping and the mouthing. 

My girl grabs my husband’s finger and holds it in her mouth when he comes home. The only person she does that to.

I put in a doggy door. They set in it all the time. They both are in and out all day long. 

When I thought my girl was having an UTI I did some research and I guess they do sale a test kit. Have no idea if it works but you can find them on line. There would be no way I could get a strip under my girl while she pee. 

You don’t want to test what is already on the ground because it could be contaminated.

hi, do u know why she does it to only ur husband? 

id love to put in a doggy door but this house is restricted and I can't do anything like that. its such a shame.

yeah I don't think I want to try and get the pee from her lol  she walks when she pees lol   yeah I no how test strips work etc I was just hoping to use the ones I can get from work lol but ill look into it. she's been very well behaved today. some days are good and some are just murder. lol  xox

Because he lets her. 

I do not say anything when I come and go. So they don’t react to me.  Kids and husband make a big deal out of coming home so they go insane. Everyone gets a different welcome.I prefer to not be taken out by 2 60lb pups as I walk in the door. Hehhee 

If you work in a human medical field.... their PH is different then ours. I am not sure if that would work. Could get the pee cup and try to collect a sample.

Could she be marking? My female pees like that on walks.

Can you tell if pee comes out every time she squats,  does the amount of pee match how much she drinks, what color is it, does she act like she is in pain, and have you tried filtered water, a little bit of apple cider in her water, or yogurt?

O and neither one of mine like their face/head touched. They have always been that way since I got them at 7 weeks

oh right I try not let her.

oh yeah I can understand that I try not to make a deal but her wee face waiting on me walking up I can't not say hello and cuddles then that's when I get my hand mouthed hehe.

ah I thought that I wasn't too sure tho. I will defo look into it more.

wow no I haven't tried filtered water or apple cider she gets yogurts coz the small child of mine likes to share that with her.

I can't make out if she is peeing all the time, she doesn't seem to be in any pain she doesn't show it any way. and didn't think of marking that could be it coz she crosses over to next doors grass and pees there too. lucky thy don't mind they love her just as much as I do. 

I will try changing the water I have noticed she's not one for eating or drinking much she just nip picks at times and some days she can eat great. 

thanks you xox

Archived